Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Death Penalty.

Started by Angry White Male, December 29, 2017, 02:19:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry White Male

Watched an episode of "Murder to Remember" on Investigation Discovery, and the guy got rightfully executed for what he did.  This was back in the early 1940's though, when justice was swift, and even possibly unfair or fatal for the wrongfully convicted.

My stepfather worked one of the victims of the Olson case:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Olson">https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifford_Olson

It left him disturbed at times, to think about that, even a couple decades later.  What he saw was never released to media, and I won't repeat it, but the fucker should have been exterminated, in my opinion.  Yet, my stepfather was NOT a proponent of the death penalty.

My opinion?  Why NOT terminate these fuckers, as long as we are sure the correct individual is guilty of said crimes?

Angry White Male

My stepfather argued that the death penalty is not a deterrent, and to this I will agree.

Nonetheless, why shouldn't we exterminate the worst of the worst?  I'm not talking about a guy that kills his wife in a fit of drunken rage, after catching her with another man...  Those cases are different.

I'm talking the Bundy's, the Olson's, the Dahmer's...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"My stepfather argued that the death penalty is not a deterrent, and to this I will agree.

Nonetheless, why shouldn't we exterminate the worst of the worst?  I'm not talking about a guy that kills his wife in a fit of drunken rage, after catching her with another man...  Those cases are different.

No Western country uses the death penalty anymore..

South Korea and Taiwan have it, but never use it.

Wazzzup

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Angry White Male"My stepfather argued that the death penalty is not a deterrent, and to this I will agree.

the US has death penalty in most states--

http://www.ncsl.org/portals/1/ImageLibrary/WebImages/Criminal%20Justice/Death%20Penalty.jpg">

I am absolutely in favor of it provided the person getting it is guilty.

Anonymous

I think you meant to say other than the United States and that is true.

I have no problem sending a Paul Bernardo or Clifford Olson to death. Hell, I'll even be the hangman.

Anonymous

I am not opposed to the death penalty in for the most horrific murders. And of course there is no question about guilt.

Anonymous

I don't really think a lot about these non economic issues.

Frood

I favour expulsion to an isolated island. Drop them off with a knife, flint, blanket, and pot. Don't let them escape. If they're still alive in 10 years, let them out.
Blahhhhhh...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Herman"

I think you meant to say other than the United States and that is true.

I have no problem sending a Paul Bernardo or Clifford Olson to death. Hell, I'll even be the hangman.

Yes, I meant other than the USA.

Angry White Male

Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't really think a lot about these non economic issues.

Economically, there is an advantage to terminating people like Clifford Olson.  Housing them for life costs $$$...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Angry White Male"
Quote from: "seoulbro"I don't really think a lot about these non economic issues.

Economically, there is an advantage to terminating people like Clifford Olson.  Housing them for life costs $$$...

I remember reading that the real  costs are for trials..

A murder trial is very expensive and of course so are appeals.

Odinson

Death is a release..

Making sure the murderer suffers on earth for the rest of his/her life would be better..

Berry Sweet

Housing 1 inmate per year in Canada costs over $100,000.  All of their medical and dental is paid for.

Children who are poverty stricken dont even get any help.  The system is wrong.

Prisons are a business.  There is a shit load pf money to be made off these useless criminals.  The guards make money off inmates for bringing in drugs and other banned collateral into the prison. ..even cell phones...those guards make a killing by abusing that.

Zetsu

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"

Housing 1 inmate per year in Canada costs over $100,000.  All of their medical and dental is paid for.

Children who are poverty stricken dont even get any help.  The system is wrong.

Prisons are a business.  There is a shit load pf money to be made off these useless criminals.  The guards make money off inmates for bringing in drugs and other banned collateral into the prison. ..even cell phones...those guards make a killing by abusing that.

Lol I hate to say this but you're quite right, I remember my 2nd brother used to work as a top security correctional officer in Kingston, Ontario and told me his starting wage was about 65K a year and there's already like 1 officer for every 8 inmates, along with hundreds of other professional staff and the prison facility is built to offer the service of a small town like work shops, chapel, kitchen, gym, recreational center and all other service, while no other facility can offer service close to this aside from a one and only 10 billion USD super aircraft carriers, which even China can't afford or have the tech to construct.  Along with the government pays inmates money to go to school, pays them money to take a bath and to learn other trade skills, just so they save up enough money to last for a while right after being released from prison.  In the end the system is just so imbalance and could seriously learn a thing or 2 from how Japan can manage to use their prisoners to a level productive enough to even help build a city, while ours are paid to do nothing, or least nothing productive in return.
Permanently off his rocker

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Zetsu"

Lol I hate to say this but you're quite right, I remember my 2nd brother used to work as a top security correctional officer in Kingston, Ontario and told me his starting wage was about 65K a year and there's already like 1 officer for every 8 inmates, along with hundreds of other professional staff and the prison facility is built to offer the service of a small town like work shops, chapel, kitchen, gym, recreational center and all other service, while no other facility can offer service close to this aside from a one and only 10 billion USD super aircraft carriers, which even China can't afford or have the tech to construct.  Along with the government pays inmates money to go to school, pays them money to take a bath and to learn other trade skills, just so they save up enough money to last for a while right after being released from prison.  In the end the system is just so imbalance and could seriously learn a thing or 2 from how Japan can manage to use their prisoners to a level productive enough to even help build a city, while ours are paid to do nothing, or least nothing productive in return.

Its absolutely ridiculous!   And yes their starting wages are ridiculously high.

What pisses me off most is the amount recourses available to inmates and they dont take them seriously.  Most of them are repeat offenders...so that proves that rehabilitation doesnt work.

Fuck the rehabilitation,  put them to work for zero pay...you dont get and work, throw them in the hole.